Job Title: Agri-Business Finance Specialist
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Karibu Kenya Ventures Ltd (KKVL) is a Non-Deposit Taking Microfinance Company. The company brings to the financial sector fresh thinking and focus giving priority to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and salary based innovative financial services with a difference. We are currently expanding our operations and are therefore looking to have a competent and qualified individual to fill the above position at our Head Office in Thika. The position holder will provide support to the business development department of the company under the supervision of the Head of Business Development.
Purpose of the Job
To get involved in developing agricultural related product offering, create awareness, marketing and convert prospects while retaining leadership and oversight of all agricultural value chain initiatives.
- Develop an agribusiness lending strategy and effectively translate it into business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing functional strategies.
- Identify agricultural related customer needs & opportunities through extensive market research and intelligence.
- Provide inputs and market demand insights to the product development team
- Develop and share knowledge with staffs on agri-business lending.
- Create strategic partnerships necessary for business growth
- Undertake the necessary actions in order to maximize agri-product penetration and cross selling.
- Identify priority areas for investment and plan market interventions where KKVL can have highest impact;
- Guiding service providers on the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of value chain support activities, including the promotion of entrepreneurial skills in farmers’ organizations.
- Ensuring timely reports presentations.
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Development of Agribusiness financing models.
- Identification of possible funding for Agribusiness.
- Training Agribusiness customers.
- Attaining of a low risk high impact diversified portfolio mix.
- Drive results through marketing of loans
Knowledge and skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Rural Development or any other relevant/equivalent field from a recognized institution;
- Three (3) years working experience in a similar position in a Bank, Sacco or Microfinance.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating value chain development, value chain analysis and in building capacity of value chain actors;
- Knowledge of technologies and issues for value chain development, business development, and rural livelihoods;
- Strong computer, report writing and communications skills (oral, written
- Experience in preparation of project proposal.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and a cover letter that must include their current and expected remuneration, not later than 27th May,2022 to email@example.com quoting the job title “Agri-Business Finance Specialist” on the subject line. All job applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications which do not meet the above qualifications will not be considered.
Please follow and like us: